A Namibia wedding ceremony is important not for just the bride and groom but also for their families for a wedding will not be possible without their parent’s permission. Commitments and promises are now held official. The wedding ceremony is the result of the hardships done over the past years of planning. It is your first event of solemnity and sincerity in your married life. The success of the wedding ceremony marks also the success of the other events like the wedding reception up to the honeymoon.
Here are some tips that you might want to consider in preparing for your wedding ceremony.
5. Namibia Wedding Rituals. A Namibia wedding ceremony can be colorful and vibrant, lots of symbolism and filled with deep meaning. Wedding rituals does happen to honor the ancestors of the bride and groom and to respect their customs and traditions.
Rituals before marrying a Namibian:
- Kupeka Msuaki – a ritual where the bride’s female relatives take a gift of toiletries to the groom on the groom’s behalf.
- Giving of Cowrie shells – represents fertility and prosperity
- Kola Nut breaking – are offered and exchange to seal the deal as well as to celebrate when the official wedding announcement is made.
- Bride price – either the man chooses the price and pays her father or the bride chooses the price.
- Jumping the Broom – a handmade beautifully decorated broom that signifies the start of a couple making a home together.
- Ijiogolo – after giving birth the bride can now wear a special beaded apron, it has a design that a mother being surrounded with children.
- Kupeka Begi – a ritual where the female relatives of the groom take gifts to his bride on his behalf.
- The bride receives a beauty treatment – to prepare her for their night. These includes a coconut oil massage and a special perfume and henna applications.
4. The officiant. The physical presence of an officiant is important in any other wedding. The way they speak, their confidence, the way they use gestures to punctuate their ideas. So it is important that the officiant of your wedding has a sufficient background of the lives of the couple. Some would pick an officiant of their church that they have been close for a long time for this will be easier for the couple as well as the officiant to connect and customize the wedding ceremony. The couple will be much more comfortable of the officiant too.
3. The essentials! Your ceremony checklist should include: Marriage License, Wedding Rings, Personalized Wedding Vows, Wedding Readings, Ceremony Music, Wedding Programs, Flower Girl Basket, and the Ring Pillow. Make sure you have all this checked a couple of days before the wedding day.
2. Own the day! This is the first major occasion where both of you shared your plans and efforts during planning and for the coming lives together. Expect things will be good according to what you have planned not according to what others would want your wedding will be. After all, it is your wedding so enjoy and have fun!
1. Your marriage vows.If you have decided on how to say your wedding vows, whether,the officiant wedding vows or the personalized vows. Then, it is now time to deliver a message of love, respect,care and commitment. A time to pour your emotions to the one you love. A marriage vow that is simple,unique and unforgettable promise both of you should always remember and cherish for the rest of your life.